as much as I missed you while I was gone;
Which is not at all!
Because I had the most amazing, relaxing, exhilarating and rejuvenating holiday of my life to date - but if you follow me on Instagram (which you should! @eatfashionnotcake) then you'd already know all about it.
on an island where Photoshop is obsolete,
we tanned - we drank - we scuba dived - we explored
and we blissed out under the sun.
And there is one thing I must now say,
no matter how great your spray or how advanced your mousse,
tan in a can, will never hold a candle to the
sun-kissed glow of post-holiday skin.
No need to baste and bake like a Christmas turkey,
My go-to products are;
1. Invisible Zinc - Environmental Skin Protector SPF30+
Endorsed by the other Elle (McPherson, that is), it's lightweight but heavy-duty and the first thing I put on my face and décolletage not only at the beach but all summer long. (actually the whole range is stellar if you value your skin)
2. Nivea - Moisturising Sunscreen Lotion SPF30+
It doesn't have to be expensive to be the best, you can grab this one in all shapes and sizes, to suit your home or your handbag, and it doesn't leave your skin feeling sticky or oily like many other products on the market.
3. Banana Boat - Deep Tanning Oil SPF 8
Nothing in the world leaves my skin feeling softer than this, make sure you grab a spray bottle for more even coverage and less mess. Heavenly scented BB Oil ranges from No SPF at all, up to SPF15+ to suit your skin
Now, I'd like to say I'm generally a very sensible packer when it comes to vacationing.
But that would be a lie.
So when the girls decided we would only take backpacks (carry-on size - NO CHECKED LUGGAGE),
I spent the fortnight leading up to our departure trying to cram my entire life into my boyfriend's Quiksilver backpack.
I'm in fashion -
we don't wear backpacks.
Now that I think about it, besides the products above, this is all I needed,
- My plain black Seafolly, twist bandeau bikini with mix&match bottoms (for a fresh look every day)- Havaianas, I'm in love with the slim strap, dull gold variety as they go with everything and are cheap to replace if you misplace them at a Full Moon Party.
- A couple of super lightweight, easy-to-wear, beach dresses. Bonus, these can work for day&night wear
- Sunnies of course, at the mo' I'm donning Sunday Somewhere shades which I adore AND they're great to hide a hangover
- Shorts, I took one printed and one plain pair.
- As many comfy loose singlets as you can stuff into the remaining space you have!!
But my main point would have to be,
go nuts on the prints
especially if you're on holiday. It's summer and your on a tropical island for crying out loud - this is the best occasion to clash your patterns and prints and wear them loud and proud.
Well, if this post hasn't made you jealous - I don't know what will...
Maybe if I told you,
that whilst I was relaxing poolside at my resort, I received an email from Perth Stylist, Emily Howlett, telling me should would love to have me on board for work experience over the coming months!
So watch this space, cause things are just going to keep getting better from now on in,